Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

skaranam
Frequent Visitor

SSAS Live Connection - How to add new measure - Power BI

Hello Team,

I started working on creating power bi reports and one of the report is to pull data from cube. Below is the scenarios,

1. I created a report and selected Import option. I have columns as Orders and Visits. I need a extra column called average value as Orders/visits and i created calculated measure and it looks good. The issue is, this data will not refresh daily. I need to refresh the report daily manually. Then i want to create live report. The issue is in Step 2.
  2.  I created a report and selected Direcy Query. I have the columns orders and visits. I am not able to add measure or new column when connected via direct query. How can i add the column or measure to get Orders/visits. Is there any way to add new measures.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@skaranam

As @deldersveld said, it's not supported to create measure when opening live connection to SSAS. You have to create those measures within your tabular model.

Regards,

You cannot add measures with a live SSAS connection. You can read more about it here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-desktop-analysis-services-tabular-data/

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.