Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Row level security

Since i dont have emloyee email data how can I do row level security based on the employee id noton the emloyee email address 
any direction for me ?

7 REPLIES 7
ChiragGarg2512
Super User
Super User

@prajaktakeni11 , So, either create as many roles as there are employees[Advised not to] or add another column to the employee ID table that holds employee email. Otherwise there is no way of connecting employees to the role.

ChiragGarg2512
Super User
Super User

@prajaktakeni11 , Assignment to the role is done with the help of user email and cannot be done by employee ID. In a way access is shared to those emailID for a particular role. For example, a role 'Viewer' is assigned to some people, this can only be acessed by people with the emailID of those users.

Hi @ChiragGarg2512 ,
Thank you for you reply... but i dont have email address in my table so can you please let me know workaround to this ?

@prajaktakeni11 when you ask for rls for do you mean to apply rls on employee ID or to give access to a role using employeeID?

@ChiragGarg2512  I want to apply RLS on Employee ID

@prajaktakeni11 So if a role is made, the person for the role can see data matching only his employee ID, Correct?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.