Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bv_saisuraj

Reverse the text order on x-axis in line chart

I am unable to reverse the text order on x-axis in line chart. below image

bv_saisuraj_0-1708665733728.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bv_saisuraj ,

I am not sure how your semantic model looks like, based on your description, I created some dummy data.

vweiyan1msft_0-1708915702143.png

As @TomMartens replied, you can create an index column in the Power Query Editor.

vweiyan1msft_1-1708915720142.png

Select the Month column in the Data panel on the right, do the following.

vweiyan1msft_2-1708915736443.png

Then select your visual object and click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner to change the sorting method to ascending order.

vweiyan1msft_3-1708915762534.jpeg

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_4-1708915779755.png

You can check if the last step above is included in your operation.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bv_saisuraj ,

I am not sure how your semantic model looks like, based on your description, I created some dummy data.

vweiyan1msft_0-1708915702143.png

As @TomMartens replied, you can create an index column in the Power Query Editor.

vweiyan1msft_1-1708915720142.png

Select the Month column in the Data panel on the right, do the following.

vweiyan1msft_2-1708915736443.png

Then select your visual object and click on the ellipsis in the upper right corner to change the sorting method to ascending order.

vweiyan1msft_3-1708915762534.jpeg

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_4-1708915779755.png

You can check if the last step above is included in your operation.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @bv_saisuraj ,

you have to be aware that by default axis labels are sorted alphabetically, this makes M4 larger than M11. I assume you have to create an extra column in the table that holds the M1 ... MXX column and use this new column to sort the M1 ... MXX column. Í recommend this article: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-sort-by-column?tabs=powerbi-deskto...

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hello Tom 

Thanks for your response. I tried the way mentioned in the article. keeping an index column 0,1,2,3... corresponing to M1, M2, M3, M4..... respectively and tried sort in the column tools but there is no change in the order.

Regards

Suraj

Hi @bv_saisuraj 

you can follow this video there exactly same problem is mention: https://youtu.be/PUaFtLpIMvY?si=vYaQF5RzvP_VtyUK

Regards

Hello @qqqqqwwwweeerrr 

Thanks for your response. I tried the way mentioned in the video. keeping an index column 0,1,2,3... corresponing to M1, M2, M3, M4..... respectively and tried sort in the column tools but there is no change in the order.

Regards

Suraj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.