Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AhmerZunairSqua
Frequent Visitor

Relationship issue

Taking Data from SQL on Direct Querry mode in tables and not null

i create a relationship but it say there is no relationship when i add a field in table view
many-to-one relationship

7 REPLIES 7
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

I have multiple relationships in power bi and all the things are working fine now i have to do some changes in some reports for that i have to add a new table after i add and create relationship with but it says

AhmerZunairSqua_0-1712126276932.png

I add new table create relationship and just use one column from that table.

It sounds like you're encountering an issue in Power BI where you've added a new table, created a relationship with an existing table, but when you try to use a field from the new table in a report, Power BI is indicating that there is no relationship. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this issue:

1. Check Relationship Cardinality and Cross Filtering Directionp properly.

2. Confirm Field Data Types.

3. Refresh Data

4. Verify Data in Both Tables

5. Check for Errors in Query Editor

Try this!

Please give thumbs up or accept it as solution if it helped you!

1. Check Relationship Cardinality and Cross Filtering Directionn properly.
I check Relationship cardinality it's many-to-one and and cross Filtering both and it's fine.

2. Confirm Field Data Types.
on which join both column are whole number

3. Refresh Data
yes i done that but same error

4. Verify Data in Both Tables
yes both tables contain data

5. Check for Errors in Query Editor
yes i check in querry editor it's fine and data is present i'm using Direct querry mode

Why cross filter both?

i try with single also same issue can't detemine relationship between the fields after adding column from that table.

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.