Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PaulusD
Resolver II
Resolver II

Relationship between LIVE dataset and local date table.

Hi all,

After discovering that LIVE dataset's can be combined with imported & DQ sets I've set out to combine some source information.

I'm trying to create a relationship on dates betwee a local date table and the LIVE PBi dataset, however when I connect these two table on dates i'm running into an error.

PaulusD_0-1648031118194.png

And the error message:

PaulusD_1-1648031158159.png

I get the concept of circular dependencies, however there is no other relationship between these tables in this flie.

Can someone explain what i'm missing, and more importantly, how I can get around this?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PaulusD ,

The error has nothing to do with the storage mode of these tables, for example I can create a relationship between the DQ dataset and the imported table.

vkkfmsft_0-1648451408207.png

Is your DateTable a calculated table created based on another table? If so, please check if you are facing the scenario described in this article.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PaulusD ,

The error has nothing to do with the storage mode of these tables, for example I can create a relationship between the DQ dataset and the imported table.

vkkfmsft_0-1648451408207.png

Is your DateTable a calculated table created based on another table? If so, please check if you are facing the scenario described in this article.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,
Winniz
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-kkf-msft.

Not 100% sure what was the issue here, but the blog you referrenced did help.

One of the (local) tables was a calcualted table (calendarauto based table). After playing around with the relationship I somehow got it to work.

Thanks again 😊

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PaulusD , is table calculated using some live data tbale like

new local tbale

T1= all(Table1[Col1])

then try distinct and check

Hi @amitchandak ,

Not sure I completely get what you mean here.

The live connected table isn't re-calculated. It's simply DQ'ed as a PBI dataset.

Or do you mean that to be able to link it, I need to make yet another table and reference the collumns in that table that I need from the Live table?

The vid's that I saw from Tessa Hurr on this showed that it should be possible to live connect to a PBI dataset and do relationships & measure on that.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.