Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RANKX columns

iab_pbi_0-1644337966169.png

This is my data.  I created two columns

1) "S&P Rank Usage": ranks the accounts within a quarter by the "Numeric S&P with Median"

2) "Exp Rank by Credit Usage": ranks the "S&P Rank Usage" by exposure

What I would like to have is to see the top 25 accounts by "Numeric S&P Rank Usage" limited to the top 25 highest exposures.  Right now, there are several accounts with the same ranking, so when I do a Top N in the chart, I get 26 instead of 25.  I don't know how to adjust the formula in teh Exp Rank column to achieve this goal.  Please let me know if further clarification is needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

Try to test create new column like the below:

EXP_RANK = RANKX('Table','Table'[S&P Rank Usage]+0.00000000000001*'Table'[Exposure],,DESC,Dense)

vluwangmsft_1-1645173459225.png

It will rank first by S&P Rank Usage,if S&P Rank Usage with the same value ,then rank by  exposure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

Try to test create new column like the below:

EXP_RANK = RANKX('Table','Table'[S&P Rank Usage]+0.00000000000001*'Table'[Exposure],,DESC,Dense)

vluwangmsft_1-1645173459225.png

It will rank first by S&P Rank Usage,if S&P Rank Usage with the same value ,then rank by  exposure.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, rather what I would want to see in a new column would be that top row (with S&P Rank 14) to be #1.  Then all of the rows with S&P rank 12 would be #2-6, then the 11's would be #7-9 and so on.  So that there is only one of each number.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.