Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SCD

Question: order fulfillment based on running total

Hi guys, 

I have 1 year experience with PowerBI and this is my first post on the forum. Sorry if I did not explain the question clearly or there is already an answer. 

The problem is, the business requires to cancel some customer orders, based on material available quantity. 

- Customer orders are based on Material / plant, and will be fulfilled by Order Sequence. 

- If the Available Quantity is > Order Quantity, then this line can be fulfilled. 

- If the Available Quantity < Order Quantity, then this line needs to be cancelled

- repeat the process for all orders. 

Below is an example. 

• first line: no issue
  • 3rd line: cannot fulfill
  • 4th line: no issue

Is it possible to write an DAX expression, to determine which order should be fulfilled or cancelled? 

MaterialPlantOrder SequenceOrder QtyAvailable QtyBalance After OrderOrder Fulfill? 
AX12001000800Y
AX23001000500Y
AX39001000500N
AX41001000400Y
AX53001000100Y
AX65001000100N
AX710010000Y
AX820010000N
3 REPLIES 3
sritha55

Hi @SCD,

Hope you are doing good. I have got the exact requirement. could you please share the solution if you have achieved it. It would be very helpful.

Thanks,

sritha

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @SCD ,

Is this your current table layout or the desired output?

Hi Davehus, 

Thank you for the reply. 

Material, Plant, Order Sequence, Order Qty and Available Qty is my current table layout. 

I wish to have the last 2 columns as output. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.