Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Query with parameter

I am migrating a SSRS subreport to a paginated subreport. The subreport has a dataset that is based on a select from a stored proc. The select uses subrepport parameter. I see that I can create a parameter Power Query Editor/ Manage Parameters. But I can't see how I add this parameter to a particular query. Any idea?

Update. I was able to run SP, but when applying I am getitng the following:

Incorrect syntac near keyword EXECUTE. Incorrect syntax near ')'

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Markzolotoy 

Please take a look at the following links about use DAX query, parameters with report builder if they help:

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/5865/sql-server-reporting-services-report-builder-with-dax-qu...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/tutorial-add-a-parameter-to-your-report-repo...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yetao1-msft One link shows how to add a parameter to a report, the other shows how to use SSAS with Report Builder, again not a my case.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Actual code looks like this:

Source = Sql.Database("localhost", "Vanduradb_New1", [Query="EXEC SP_Name " & #"ID" & ", " & "1"])

That seems to work. When I create a paginated report based ont that dataset how will I provide the ID parameter?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.