Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kvnmanoj
Frequent Visitor

Publishing Report with Azure SQL Database AD Authentication

Hello Team,

We have a requirement to connect to Azure SQL datawarehouse using AD Authentication only.

I was able to connect through 'Microsoft Account' in Power BI Desktop and retrieve the data. However the challenge is post publishing the report to Power BI where i am unable to update the credentials for Gateway refresh. I see 2 options (Basic, OAuth2) and none of them work.

Error: The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.

Untitled.png Untitled2.png

Did anyone able to work it out with Azure SQL Datawarehouse with AD authentication.

Note: SQL Authentication is not allowed in our SQL Server.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kvnmanoj,

Do you connect to Azure SQL database or Azure SQL datawarehouse? And do you use AD account or AAD account to connect to the data source?

Please review the following article about how to use AAD authentication with Azure SQL database or datawarehouse.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/sql-database/sql-database-aad-authentication

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Lydia,

I am connecting to a Azure SQL Datawarehouse using AD Authentication. 

@kvnmanoj,

You use local AD account or AAD account to connect to Azure SQL datawarehouse? Have you checked the above article I post? 

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.