Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

katmish

Programmatic/automatic selection of Power BI Slicer constituents from another visual

Hello,

In the below image I have a slicer named Sheet1.Col with dummy values. I created bookmarks for each entry A-J and later used the Insert-Buttons-Navigator-Bookmark Navigator to generate the visual (shown in top). Now when I do a Ctrl+Click on the Bookmark Navigator items the respective Sheet1.Col options in the slicer checkbox gets checked. 

But I need help in knowing if a Power BI Slicer can be programatically checked/unchecked. For ex: I created a table named Sheet2.col, having same values as Sheet1.Col. Now I want to know if its feasible to modify/update the corresponding slicer value  (Sheet1.Col) when I click on the Sheet2.col value (a "table" is taken here for example, it could be another visual also like a Sankey, etc). After I click "G" in Sheet2.Col it should select/check "G" in Sheet1.Col. 

My apologies in advance if the requirement is not fully clear or if some community guidelines I may not have followed to formulate my question. Please let me know your thoughts on a approach to solve (if any). 

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @katmish ,

If the two visuals are related, slicer can filter other visual or slicer, but the filtered slicer can't be checked aotumatically, slicer can only be checked manually, it's by design. Also, a table visual can't filter slicer and aotumatically checked. That's where slicer and table visual differ.

vkalyjmsft_0-1666838007443.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @katmish ,

If the two visuals are related, slicer can filter other visual or slicer, but the filtered slicer can't be checked aotumatically, slicer can only be checked manually, it's by design. Also, a table visual can't filter slicer and aotumatically checked. That's where slicer and table visual differ.

vkalyjmsft_0-1666838007443.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.