Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rrhutch
Helper II
Helper II

Problem with Slicer Value

I am creating a meausre based on some slicer values that a user chooses. The following calculation returns the correct value based on the slicer selection. I am then trying to use this value elsewhere. However, if I apply any other function to it, it no longer gives the correct value, but the False result part of the calcution.

The calculation I am using is as follows:

testselectedValue =
DATEVALUE(IF (
ISFILTERED ( 'Date Test'[Month] ) && ISFILTERED ( 'Date Test'[Day]) && ISFILTERED ( 'Date Test'[Year] ) ,
DATEVALUE(LASTNONBLANK('Date Test'[Date1], 0 )),
DATEVALUE("12/31/2999")
))

As a simple example, if I do a simple calculation like TESTCALC = CALCULATE('Date Test'[testselectedValue]), it uses the False value from the above 'testselectedValue' measure.

Again, if I check the value on a card of the measure result, it gives the right value, but if I use it as a part of another calcuation, it uses the False result to the measure, 12/31/2999.

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rrhutch,

I test your formulas in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.48.4792.481 64-bit (July 2017)). testselectedValue and TESTCALC will return expected result in table/card visual only when I select values in three slicers(Month, Day, Year), otherwise they will return 12/31/2999.
1.PNG2.PNG

Could you please post the screenshots of your scenario?

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.