Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

akaranth
Employee
Employee

PowerBI real-time refresh capabilities.

Hi Power BI team,

I'm looking for some guidance on using Power BI with near real-time refresh capabilities.
My team (part of CFS) has several dashboards with the background data changing often (Datasources are mostly Kusto tables and Azure SQL Database tables). However, I would like for the frontend dashboard to keep up as well.

Is there any particular package/upgrade option available? If so, what are the pricing options for Microsoft employees?

Thank you,

Ambika

1 REPLY 1
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @akaranth ,

If your data source allows a direct query connection, you can  have  real-time data as you interact with the report. With direct query, data is not imported into the model but queried as you interact with the data. There are limitations to this approach though -  some Power BI features are not supported in Direct Query mode.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-use-directquery 

Another way to have real-time report is the use of streaming datasets:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-real-time-streaming

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.