Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rahulmg2002
Frequent Visitor

PowerBI Scattered chart sorting

Hello All, i have scattered chart Visual in powerBI, on x axis i have item ID field , and on Y-axis Mean scale score field, legend is " Response" field ( correct/ incorrect). when i plot the chart, on my y axis i can see the dots for correct and incorrect responses for a individual Item ID. how i can sort this visual where it will show all the items which has incorrect responses dots higher than correct responses dots?

Screenshot 2023-06-12 122540.png

thank you   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hello @mahenkj2 , thank you suggestion to use line chart. i manage to produce the result. couple of twicks i have done. 

1. line chart and only showing markers.
  2. create 3 measures, for avg. correct, avr incorrect and sort order mearsure where avg. of incorrect is great than avg. of correct. 
  3. put that measure in 'tooltips' and sort the visual by "sort order"Screenshot 2023-06-13 075012.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Rahulmg2002 

At first, Incase I understood your requirement, you want to see all incorrect dots higher than correct dots, right?

If so, this visual is perhaps not the right choice. Reason is, Y axis is a numeric single scale and when you see a visual, it bascially maps the numbers on that scale. So how can even a smaller number fit on higher side than a lower number, becuase it has to follow the scale.

additionally, scatter chart are good to show relation between two numeric columns.

Since you just want to see Incorrect over the top, so you can use small multiples with line chart:

mahenkj2_0-1686551404475.png

Hope it helps. 

thank you for your response @mahenkj2 . just for more clarification i want to sort thedata point where average of incorrect responses higher than average of correct responses. data points on the Y-axis are based on the average of scale score. hope that make sense.  

Hi @Rahulmg2002 

Even then, one item IDs incorrect count being lower than correct is plotted lower and then another IDs incorrect being higher count than correct is plotted higher on the same y scale, how that should be done? 

hello @mahenkj2 , thank you suggestion to use line chart. i manage to produce the result. couple of twicks i have done. 

1. line chart and only showing markers.
  2. create 3 measures, for avg. correct, avr incorrect and sort order mearsure where avg. of incorrect is great than avg. of correct. 
  3. put that measure in 'tooltips' and sort the visual by "sort order"Screenshot 2023-06-13 075012.png
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Rahulmg2002 , Scatter on only sort on X-axis and y-axis and legend, Legend sort will force the axis to sort ascending on axis column

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.