Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

odiogorodrig96

PowerBI Desktop - Measure repeating itself for each column

Hello! I've recently just started working with PowerBi and I've been having an issue which I would like some help if you may.

odiogorodrig96_0-1683728849230.png

In the image above as you can see I have a field named Deviation which is a Measure that basically calculates the difference between the values on Financial (Sum of Value) - Contractual(Sum of Value). E.g: 4.299.121,55 - 4.862.594,49 = -563.472,94.

The Measure is setted like this:

Deviation = CALCULATE(SUM('project-consolidated-metrics'[Value]), 'project-consolidated-metrics'[projectBaselineType]="FINANCIAL", REMOVEFILTERS('project-consolidated-metrics'[version],'project-consolidated-metrics'[dateCreated]),All('project-consolidated-metrics'[projectBaselineType]))-CALCULATE(SUM('project-consolidated-metrics'[Value]), 'project-consolidated-metrics'[projectBaselineType]="CONTRACTUAL",REMOVEFILTERS('project-consolidated-metrics'[version],'project-consolidated-metrics'[dateCreated]),All('project-consolidated-metrics'[projectBaselineType]))

My problem is that I want this Measure named Deviation to only appear once as a column, instead of repeating itself for each column (CONTRATUAL, FINANCIAL,MANAGEMENT). 

Can anyone help? I'm quite a rookie on powerbi currently so if you could explain it in a simple way I would be very much aprecciated.
3 REPLIES 3
PoweredOut
Resolver I
Resolver I

Try the Financial Reporting Matrix by Profitbase  in the App Store. Here you can add your own columns. Not sure how far you will get without the paid version, but worth a try

Syk
Super User
Super User

You're wanting to hide a value in your matrix on some columns and not others. I've never actually done this but this video may help you get to where you want to be!
https://youtu.be/1_6S2sb1f90

hello my friend, I've watched the video and it didnt work for me. Is there any other approach you would recomend?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.