Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mhbroadpeak
Regular Visitor

PowerBI Data Gateway Not Connecting to AWS RDS Postgresql

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to connect my On premise Data Gateway to AWS RDS Postgresql but everytime I try to connect it returns the below error.

Error:

Unable to create data source. Unable to connect to the data source. Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue

Details: SecondBITestGateway: An error happened while reading data from the provider: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket. ActivityId: b556407d-367c-44e6-8ccc-c393fc05100a RequestId: 38ee848e-7917-4ddb-a558-f0a534ae20da 

As a first step to troubleshoot, I installed the RDS keys on my EC2 instance and was able to successfully import them under 'Trusted Root Certificate Authorities' but the above error is still being displayed anytime I connect.

Has anyone experienced this issue before and how did you solve it?

Thank you so much for your help.
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.