Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

GoofyCraig

Power BI Subscription email preview not populating data

image (2).png

 rr

I have a Power BI dashboard with an automated subscription email that gets sent to my users. The maps preview in the email did populate with data the first two weeks, and now it has stopped showing data in the email preview - although the dashboard cards do show data in the preview. Any thoughts as to how this can be fixed? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Shaurya 

Maps are enabled in the Power BI Service and the maps do populate when you click the email link that brings you to the dashboard/report. And there is no RLS on the report and the dashboard I'm having the issue with. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @GoofyCraig

Please check that the map used are enabled in Power BI Service by your tenant admin or not. If they are, then I suggest that you check any RLS or RBAC that might be in place.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

Hi @Shaurya 

Maps are enabled in the Power BI Service and the maps do populate when you click the email link that brings you to the dashboard/report. And there is no RLS on the report and the dashboard I'm having the issue with. 

I am encountering the same issue with the email subscription preview (.png) for a report that contains a filled map visual.  Card visuals are rendering appropriately.  Verified that there is no RLS and that the Global --> Security --> Map and Filled Map Visuals option is checked within the pbix file.  The maps render appropriately when I view the report directly within Power BI online.

The preview file map visuals have been rendering appropriately over the past 5 months.  They stopped working on October 15th, 2022.

mclauchr_0-1666895027788.png

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I do not see a solution within the existing posts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.