Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

trase

Performance downgrade

Hi,

Newbie here :),

I ve got an issue with loading large data into the model after update to 'metadata' version. I am downloading data from Oracle database, last year before update I ve managed to easily download over 14 mln records and work with the file (size ~2.5 GB). This year, I can not download even 10 mln records as every attempt results in 'not enough memory to complete this operation'. There wasn't any change in terms of queries structure or DAX columns etc, hardware also unchanged. I double checked all settings regarding data catch, preview loading etc. and could not find anything suspicious (that's why I am asumming it could be related to version update).  Any ideas what might be causing this issues?🙏

I am working on Power Bi desktop via citrix workspace

1 REPLY 1
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @trase ;

Not sure if it's because of the version, Restart if you get problems and make sure your memory has been release which can take a while. Close other memory hogs like browsers.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/There-s-Not-Enough-Memory-To-Complete-This-Operation/td-p/3...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.