Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

santoshsahoo34
Frequent Visitor

Pass Slicer selected Value to another report slicer using URL query string

Hi Folks,

I have 2 reports and both the reports have same slicer (For example - employee type). I choose a value in 1st report from employee type slicer and click on a buton to go to 2nd report. I am passing the slicer value using URL query string to 2nd report. But when 2nd report opens, even though the slicer filter is applied, but the slicer selection is not happening. 

Can someone please help me in resolvingg the issue. 

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santoshsahoo34 ,

We only can filter data using the query string parameter in the URL. It is not supported to check any selections for slicers. So the filtered results can't sync across other pages.  Suggest you to use a slicer in 2nd report and sync it. Please reference: Sync and use slicers on other pages.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santoshsahoo34 ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the helpful answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from the thread.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @santoshsahoo34 ,

We only can filter data using the query string parameter in the URL. It is not supported to check any selections for slicers. So the filtered results can't sync across other pages.  Suggest you to use a slicer in 2nd report and sync it. Please reference: Sync and use slicers on other pages.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @santoshsahoo34 

Try drillthrough to another report as per below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcZr_70OGPo

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Has power BI released any feature till now to pass slicer value from one report to another through url, as original post requested? Problem with drill through is that dashboard becomes too heavy if i put together all the dashboards that needs filtering from main dashboard.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.