Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Partial filtering of Bar chart

I have a report using yearly billing records as a data source with thousands of invoices and many clients. I would like to be able to select a single invoice in a slicer and see the overall amounts billed and paid by that specific client for the month the invoice occurred in.

Right now, selecting the invoice only shows what is on that one line in the excel file, but I want the below visualization to only filter on the month and client associated with the selected invoice. Is this possible? 

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please share sample data of yearly billing records and corresponding data after select single invoice in slicer.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

try this; duplicate your table with Invoices - giving it a suitable name.  then join it back to the original table on the CustomerID fields.  Then try using the dupe table as your slicer source...

just an off the cuff thought, may not work but won't take long to trial.   you're kind of swimming against the current in terms of the normal hierarchy which would be to select Client and then drill down into their invoices so maybe this idea will work......

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.