Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JoeBrown

Only show items with 'no data'

I have 2 tables, one imported from local excel file, another from an imported dataset.

For the example of this help.

Excel Table 1

Item code 1Product
SCAR123Scarf
SHIR123Shirt
JACK123Jacket

Imported Table

Item Code 2Product
SCAR123Scarf
GLOV123Gloves
SOCK123Socks

I have created a relation in the tables on the Item Code 1 & 2. Created a table to show the Excel Table & a new column to show Item Code 2. Also, I clicked 'Show items with no data' to create the table

New Table

Item Code 1ProductItem Code 2
SCAR123ScarfSCAR123
SHIR123Shirt 
JACK123Jacket 

I would like to show only those items where there is no data. How do I do this? The filter does not work when using the 'is empty' or 'is blank' as it leaves a fully empty table.

Ideal output

Item Code 1ProductItem Code 2
SHIR123Shirt 
JACK123Jacket 

3 REPLIES 3
mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi - Thanks. I have read through this, but these is no mention of how to show only those items with no data. Using my example 'New Table', the filter option for 'Item Code 2' shows the 1 option of 'SCAR123'. When I unselect this, is removes all the data in the table, and just the headers. There is no option to just show the blank/empty/missing data in 'Item Code 2' (and keep the columns Item Code 1 & Product for those with the missing Item Code 2)

Hi @JoeBrown 

In that case, you can merge Excel Table 1 with Imported Table in Power query, and when you expand the columns from Imported Table, select join kind as below:

mahenkj2_0-1686707644487.png

Then you get result as below:

mahenkj2_1-1686707681156.png

This is one of the way. You can use Merge table as main table depending on your purpose.

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.