Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lakshmanK

Not able to edit the data set published by another user

Hi All

i am facing issue to edit a dataflow published by another user, even though we both are owners of hte same work space.

if i taken over the ownership, connections are getting lost and when i try to give connnection details it is keep on failing.

Thanks,

Lakshman

2 REPLIES 2
emartinezh
Helper I
Helper I

Hello.

I was going to open another post but i find this...

We've encountered this as a limitation, i would not pressed the take over button due to risk of losing the work done by a colleague.

Did you find any way to work  two or more team member simultaneaously with this resources?

Thankk you.

🙂

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @lakshmanK,

Even if both of you have Admin role in a workspace, you'll have to takeover the Dataflow in order to be able to edit it. Two people cannot simultaneously edit it. As far as the lost connections are concerned, why don't you give some more details about the data source that you were using and what exactly happened after you took over? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.