Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Phil_RLG

No connection to my own dataset possible

Hi,

I have created a dataset and shared it in the pbi-service.

When I start to build a new report that bases on this dataset, I cant connect to my dataset.

after a few seconds, the following error message comes up (I translated it into english as I am using the german version)

"The modell could not be loaded

we could not establish a connection to your modell in the pbi service. The dataset was probably deleted, renamed oder moved or you are not allowed to access it."

When I close this message, PBI is kind of freezing. In the right area where usually the available fields are visible, there are just some grey bars, fading like a status bar like when you are waiting for the data to be loaded.

"There is a live connection with the power BI-Dataset: nameofmydataset" is shown in the bottom status bar

I granted access to the dataset to me and a colleague within my organization again and tried several times, after rebooting the pc and all the other things you do, but I do not get a connection to my dataset.

My colleague however, got access to the datamodel in the first attempt. 

Any ideas or hints what to doublecheck are appreciated 🙂

Thanks,

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Phil_RLG , Make sure you have access to the workspace and dataset. check the workspace role you and your colleague have?

@amitchandak Thank you for your answer. I am the owner of the workspace and of the dataset. 
My workspace role is administrator, my colleague is a contributor. 

I can access the dataset in the online service and I can create new reports using this dataset online. But I do not get a connection from my desktop version 😞

Is it possible that the dataset is too large (it is appr. 50MB) and that the desktop app does not wait for the dataset to be loaded completely before it comes up with an error? My network connection is not the best, but in my opinion good enough to handle files like this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.