Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kitzhak
Frequent Visitor

New sparkline option

Hi,

I have been running into a very odd issue and wondered if someone encountered the same.

I have added 2 new sparkline columns through the new 'add a sparkline' option that was released in the latest power bi update. I chose to see them as bar charts, not as lines. The Y-axis of the sparklines was a calculated measure, the X-axis was the date. Today I have noticed that when the available date was just 1 day, the sparkline doesn't work and it actually blanks the whole row.  Then when I kept all the other columns and just switched the sparkline option from bar to line, the visual worked and I had no blanked rows. The sparkline columns worked as well (when the visual was a line). 

Appreciate any help!
Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
kitzhak
Frequent Visitor

thanks @Pragati11 for your response.
The data is very simple - the date column is from my dates table (contains all the dates).
The other column on the sparkline is a measure I took from a table that tracks performance over time - and it connects to the dates table using the date column on each table. The date format is a simple date (yyyy--mm--dd), while the format of the measure is currency. 

Hi @kitzhak ,

Unfortunately, I don't see this behaviour happening at my end.

See the Sparklines with Line option below:

Pragati11_0-1643903460666.png

When I change the Sparkline type to Column, I get the following:

Pragati11_1-1643903516225.png

Is it possible for you to share your pbix file by removing any sensitive content from it?

It is hard to judge why it is happening as I can't replicate the issue at my end.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

kitzhak
Frequent Visitor

Sure, sorry for wasn't clear enough. 

That's how my table looks like when the sparkline chart type is column: 

kitzhak_1-1643787375818.png

kitzhak_0-1643787250977.png

and when i press on the table i receive the following error:

kitzhak_2-1643787467805.png

Then when i change the chart type to line instead of column, the visual work as expected: 

kitzhak_3-1643787602731.png

Hi @kitzhak ,

I will need little more information on what columns you are moving for Sparklines trend? Like what date column to create this trend? what is the format of this date column, etc.

I don't see similar issue at my end, so curioous to understand what is causing this at your end.

Can you share some sample data here so I can replicate the scenario (by removing any sensitive information)?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @kitzhak ,

Not very clear on what the issue is. Can you add some screenshots around what difference you are seeing on using sparklines at your end?

Refer following article: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.