Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ashwinkolte
Helper I
Helper I

Need help with creating tool tips for every row of Matrix visual

Hi  

I have a matrix visual on a "Summary" page as shown below . I have individual page for each of the client corresponding to each row of the matrix visual . I want to display the individual page of a client as a tool tip whenever a user hovers over any row of the visual . 

For e.g if User hovers over the first row in the matrix  (which is for client 1) , it should show up individual page of client 1 as tool tip .. and so on 

Can you pls help

ClientFeb-24Jan-24Dec-23
Client 1101234
Client 2222426
Client 3123456
Client 4126767
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @ashwinkolte 

Please create tooltip page - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop

If you are using the same table for the Main page and Tooltip page - Once you mouseover the client, the tooltip page automatically filters the client data in the Tooltip page

If you are using the DIM table for the Main page and another table on the Tooltip page - there should be an active relationship between those tables
Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

View solution in original post

v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ashwinkolte 

First of all, thanks to @PijushRoy for your timely and effective response.

Here are my additions.

After my testing, if you create separate Pages for each client, you cannot achieve the effect you want. If you can, I recommend that you put all your clients on a single Page, here is the details of how I tested it.

1. Summary Page:

vxuxinyimsft_0-1710467595613.png

2. Create a tooltip page

Change that Page to Tooltip in Format -> Canvas Setting -> Type

vxuxinyimsft_1-1710467646263.png

I visualize the data in a Table visualization.

vxuxinyimsft_2-1710467894813.png

Then you need to put the Client field into Tooltip's filters, and turn off "Keep all filters".

vxuxinyimsft_5-1710468163648.png

Let's go back to the "Summary" page, and see the result.

vxuxinyimsft_6-1710468242142.png

If you don't turn off "Keep all filters", the effect will be like this.

vxuxinyimsft_7-1710468307360.png

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ashwinkolte 

First of all, thanks to @PijushRoy for your timely and effective response.

Here are my additions.

After my testing, if you create separate Pages for each client, you cannot achieve the effect you want. If you can, I recommend that you put all your clients on a single Page, here is the details of how I tested it.

1. Summary Page:

vxuxinyimsft_0-1710467595613.png

2. Create a tooltip page

Change that Page to Tooltip in Format -> Canvas Setting -> Type

vxuxinyimsft_1-1710467646263.png

I visualize the data in a Table visualization.

vxuxinyimsft_2-1710467894813.png

Then you need to put the Client field into Tooltip's filters, and turn off "Keep all filters".

vxuxinyimsft_5-1710468163648.png

Let's go back to the "Summary" page, and see the result.

vxuxinyimsft_6-1710468242142.png

If you don't turn off "Keep all filters", the effect will be like this.

vxuxinyimsft_7-1710468307360.png

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks . I did figure out this solution myself by creating a single page for all clients . However I was trying to see if we can achive the same if there are different pages for the Clients . Anyway thank you so much for your response. Really appreciate it !

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @ashwinkolte 

Please create tooltip page - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop

If you are using the same table for the Main page and Tooltip page - Once you mouseover the client, the tooltip page automatically filters the client data in the Tooltip page

If you are using the DIM table for the Main page and another table on the Tooltip page - there should be an active relationship between those tables
Let me know if that works for you

If your requirement is solved, please mark THIS ANSWER as SOLUTION ✔️ and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the Thumbs Up 👍 button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
Linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.