Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jett254
Regular Visitor

Need help with calculating in aggregate

I'm trying to create a Dashboard and I am a new Power BI user.

I've created two different bar graphs -- one shows the % of physicians who ordered a particular drug (the data has one record per MD, and has an "Ordered" field that is a string with Yes/No.  This data is reported on a weighted basis so I've done that by using my weight as the value on the graph.  I know this is working because it matches my SPSS results.

I have a second bar graph that shows the % of physicians who ordered a particular formulation of the drug (same table, a different variable that is a string Yes/No).  This data is not weighted so my value for the chart is just a flag of 1 for every MD.  This graph is filtered to only be those that ordered in graph #1.

So, both of my graphs are fine.  Now I need to create another graph or table that multiplies the % that ordered * the % that ordered the particular formulation together, on an aggregate basis.

So if in graph one, it was 60% ordered (40% did not) and graph 2 was (50% ordered that form/50% did not), I need to produce a graph that is 60% * 50% = 30%.  Any suggestions on how to do this??  This is done by year, so year is on the axis in each graph....

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unclear if you wrote measures for the values in the first 2 graphs.  Probably best if you did.  And I'm not sure how your model looks, but you could image something like:

Total Physicians = COUNTROWS(Physicians)

Total Ordering Physicians = CALCULATE([Total Physicans], FILTER(Physicians, SUM(Orders[Quanity]) > 0))

% ThingOne = DIVIDE ([Total Physicians], [Total Ordering Physicians])

% ThingTwo = ... however you do that... 🙂

% ThingOneThingTwo = [% ThingOne] * [% ThingTwo]

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.