Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kousar99
Helper I
Helper I

Need help on understanding what is AtScale model when trying to connect to the analysis services.

Hi Experts,

When I am trying to connect to the analysis services, it shows as AtScale Models followed by server and db name box, Why it is occurring in such a way, kindly help me on understanding this.

Thanks in advance,

Best,

HK

1 REPLY 1
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @kousar99 

AtScale is a third-party tool that provides a semantic layer on top of Azure Analysis Services. It allows you to create virtual cubes and dimensions that can be used to query data in Analysis Services. When you connect to Azure Analysis Services, you need to specify the server and database name. The server name is the name of the Analysis Services instance, and the database name is the name of the database that you want to connect to.

Secondly, sorry, I am not very familiar with AtScale, according to the search, you can try to refer to the following documents:
How to Scale SSAS-Style Analytics with Databricks | AtScale

Learn about connecting to Azure Analysis Services servers | Microsoft Learn

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.