Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chitti5
Helper I
Helper I

Need an Idea to update meeting notes

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question. I conduct all the cross functional meetings by using Sharepoint list to take updates on projects from the team members. The Share point view consists of Project Title, Project Description, Project Manager Name and lastly Meeting notes. The sharepoint view is not user friendly to update the notes. When I share the screen, people in the meeting are not able to read it properly and I'm not able to update the notes quickly in the column. Is there any customized view or App that I can use to take meeting notes. I've already used Power Apps to write back to Sharepoint list but people didn't like it much. Looking for a great idea which can change the concept of taking notes.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
chitti5
Helper I
Helper I

@v-yifanw-msft Hello Sir/Madam, I'm still waiting for your response. Kindly respond. Thank you!

v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chitti5 ,

Based on the information you have provided, you may want to consider using Power BI to visualise and interact with meeting notes. You can follow the steps below to achieve your goal:

1. Connect SharePoint list as a data source in Power BI.
    vyifanwmsft_0-1715668751760.png
    See the following link for details:
    Create a semantic model from a SharePoint List - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  2. Design a Power BI report that can include filters for Project Title, Project Description, Project Manager Name and so on, to make it easier for users to find and read notes of interest to them.
  3. The report can also be embedded back into a SharePoint site to allow users to interact with the minutes directly in SharePoint.
    vyifanwmsft_1-1715668804671.png
    See the link below for more information:
    Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online - Power BI | Microsoft Learn
  4. Meeting notes can be updated in SharePoint using Power BI's "Quick Edit" feature, and the updates will then be reflected in the Power BI report.

If you have any questions about the creation process, please feel free to ask us.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yifanw-msft Thank you so much for sharing this idea. I tried this and was successful in creating a report web in sharepoint. But, the major reason for asking a new approach is to show the audience while updating notes and make live changes to the  below screenshoted list I'll be presenting during the meeting. 

I'm not sure how to do that. I feel the idea you shared will embed the power bi into sharepoint list but I think from your idea I still need to go back to sharepoint list to update the notes and then refresh power bi to show the updated notes.

IMG_7655.jpg

This is my meeting notes layout after I embedded into Sharepoint list. Please let me know if there is any way to update the notes in this "meeting notes" card instead of going back to the list to update it.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.