Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Magomed
Helper I
Helper I

Navigation within one Power Bi report page

Hello, 

Does somebody know if it is possible to navigate within one report page? For example, if you have a custom size and want to scroll down. It wouild be great to have the option to klick on the link and to jump down. 

I would be thankful for any hint. 

Thanks in advance. 

Regards

Magomed.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
javi0unavailabl
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can use Bookmarks (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks).

Few hints:

Under View tab, select "Bookmarks Pane" and "Selection Pane". In Bookmarks Pane you can create and update your bookmarks. In Selection Pane you can select what visualization should be displayed in which bookmark.

Make sure to create one button for each bookmark you create and link the button to a bookmark. This buttons will work as a navigation menu (this buttons should be displayed in all bookmarks).

Tell me if this fulfill your purposes.

Regards.

View solution in original post

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@Magomed

After my research, if you do not want to use the bookmark function, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi,@Magomed

Could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered for other users to find similar methods?

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

6 REPLIES 6
Rene_DiBra_123

In the meantime is there a solution besides using bookmarks ?

I am working with a custom sized page hight 3000 and would like to jump to the bottom of the page.

Currently i am scrolling down a long way down. I would like to press a button placed on top of my report page which brings me directly to the bottom of the page without scrolling.

And using Bookmarks : they show me always the top of a page. So bookmarks do not really help.

Best regards,

Rene 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@Magomed

After my research, if you do not want to use the bookmark function, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,
Lin

Hi v-lili6-msft , 

Ok, thanks anyway. If it is not possible, I would have to use bookmarks, I suppose. 

Thanks for your time. 

Best regards

Magomed.

hi,@Magomed

Could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered for other users to find similar methods?

Best Regards,

Lin

javi0unavailabl
Resolver II
Resolver II

You can use Bookmarks (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-bookmarks).

Few hints:

Under View tab, select "Bookmarks Pane" and "Selection Pane". In Bookmarks Pane you can create and update your bookmarks. In Selection Pane you can select what visualization should be displayed in which bookmark.

Make sure to create one button for each bookmark you create and link the button to a bookmark. This buttons will work as a navigation menu (this buttons should be displayed in all bookmarks).

Tell me if this fulfill your purposes.

Regards.

Hi  javi0unavailabl, 

Thanks for your message. I knew about bookmarks, but what I actually need is something like anchor tag in HTML. That I can define 2-3 links on the top of the page, then klick on them and jump down to the respective section. When you have bookmarks, you hide some elements in one bookmark and show them in another bookmarka, and in this case you have to see everything, but should be able to jump to the section. 

Maybe you know if it possible in power bi?

Thanks again for your hints. 

Regards

Magomed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.