Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

msjules2023
Frequent Visitor

My Power BI Desktop is very slow

Hi all, 

When I do transformations in dataset in Power Query and I applied, Power Bi become slow to apply transformations. I need your help for this mistake.

Yours sincerely

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@msjules2023 ok, then you don't need to merge, you can load both tables independently and set the relationship between the tables on this common column. I assume this is one to many relationship.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@msjules2023 not sure if that answered my previous question.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Hello @parry2k, your question was, "how you are merging when there are no common keys? " I mentioned that there common key was 'Numéro_dossier_conrevent' which is a string lets me know if you need others informations. My transformations in power query are very slow.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@msjules2023 how you are merging when there are no common keys? 

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@msjules2023 thanks for subscribing. Joining - so-called merging is an expensive transformation and can be very slow, although you don't require merging in most cases, it is hard to tell though. Why you are doing the merging?

Hi @parry2k, I'm doing merging to create relation between tables as it's in the original data base.

msjules2023
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply @parry2k 

My data source is MS Access data base, I'm designing a dataset for a report. Transformations = only joining tables of dataset. I subscribed to the channel @PowerBIHowTo

Yours sincerely 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@msjules2023 what are your data source? What kind of transformation you are doing? What is the size of the data?Lot of it depends on many factors but let's start with these questions.

👉 Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤️

Helle @parry2k, I'll give kudos don't worry about. 

the message is : "The column 'Numéro_dossier_conrevent' of the table 'DossierPlainte/Contrevenant' contains a duplicate value '1917'. This is not allowed for columns that are used as the primary key of a table". The common key is 'Numéro_dossier_conrevent'. How should I do to solve this mistake ? Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.