Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PandaPacifica
Frequent Visitor

Multiple measures with one name

Hi Community Members,

I wanted to get some information around the following idea, if anyone has any insights.

I am trying to call multiple measures that I have created in my data model in Power BI project ( Total Sales, Total Unit, Total Profit etc) with one name "ProfitSales" in Q&A functionality and/or in dashboard for Power BI.

Basically I am trying to mimic a SSRS report with the same financial metrics along with some client and product information attached to it in Power BI.

Howerever I would like to give our users capabilities of typing question in Q&A functionality such as " Show me ProfitSales by  Marketing Teams" and it should show all Teams name along with the above three measures, instead of user typing in show me Total Sales, Total Unit, Total Profit by Marketing Teams..which is BTW currently working as expected.

Plan is to develop this functionality and keep adding measures and hence user just need to call them up with one name or I can develop dashboard where in Metric visual I can just call this one jema "ProfitSales" and all underlying measure will show up against dimensions selected.

please advise if you have any suggestions on how to implement this.

Thanks,

Pratik.

4 REPLIES 4
PandaPacifica
Frequent Visitor

I agree it definitely workaround but have some doubt about making it work through Q&A

Hi @PandaPacifica ,

What are some of the specific confusions that you have made work through the Q&A? Please elaborate.

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

I tried using putting all those measures in one group "ProfitSales" and then pulled up in my report but they showed up (each measures) in different rows.

i expected it to work as different columns .

Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@PandaPacifica 

im not sure if it will work, but you can try this  : 

try using field parameters feature ,

the field parameter will take the 3 measures 

when you create w field paramter, a table will be created.

add to this table a column ( in dax code ) , with value for all the rows : "Show me ProfitSales by  Marketing Teams"

now try to use it in your QA  .

didnt try it to be honest. just an idea. 

If my answer helped sort things out for you, i would appreciate a thumbs up 👍 and mark it as the solution !
It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 🤠

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.