Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

raberrio
Regular Visitor

Multiple filter on separate tables

Hi, I am working in a display of a S curve.

I have 3 tables, named "Baseline", "Actual" and "Forecast". Each table has 3 columns, "Item ID", "Date" and "Type". I coordinate the 3 tables with a Calendar Table, which has a Date relationship with each "Date" column in each table.

Item ID is an unique identifier for each item, which is present in each of the 3 tables where it has the respective Baseline, Actual and Forecast dates.

The display works OK and shows the curve as expected. The problem is that i want to filter the curve by "Type" column. As i established a relationship with the column "Date" with the calendar table, i cannot link the columns "Type" between the 3 tables. So if i select the column "Type" to make a filter from one table, it just filter the data associated with that table and not all of 3 tables. I dont want to put 3 filters as they will show exact same categories and it will be very annoying to select the value 3 times in order to get the data filtered correctly.

It is possible to link the filters for "Type" for the 3 tables? I don't have a preference on how to implement the solution, i just want to have only one filter list in the report to filter the graph.

thanks

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raberrio , create a combined table for type and if one table is missing then add static value as type

Type= distinct(union(distinct(Table1[Type]),distinct(Table2[Type]),distinct(Table3[Type])))

Power BI- DAX: When I asked you to create common tables: https://youtu.be/a2CrqCA9geM
https://medium.com/@amitchandak/power-bi-when-i-asked-you-to-create-common-tables-a-quick-dax-soluti...

Power BI- Power Query: When I asked you to create common tables: https://youtu.be/PqfGW6pl1Sw

Thanks. I did it but it does not work as a filter for the graph, for none of the 3 tables. As example, the types and data for each table is the same, lets see the following example:

Baseline:

ItemIDDate (dd-mm-yy)Type
A101-01-23A
A205-01-23A
B101-02-23B
B205-02-23B
C101-03-23C
C205-03-23C

Forecast:

A1 A
A2 A
B1 B
B210-02-23B
C103-03-23C
C208-03-23C

Actual:

A103-01-23A
A210-01-23A
B105-02-23B
B2 B
C1 C
C2 C

Date table is a calendar table and has a relationship with each table "Date" column. When i put that 3 tables i can generate the S curve graph, but i want to filter by "Type" just for see, for example, Type "A" curve. When i put a filter using "type" from one of that 3 tables, it just filter the data from the corresponding table and not the other 2, giving me an inconsistent graph. So i want to filter the data from the 3 tables at the same time, but i dont want to have 3 filter objets just for filter 1 graph. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.