Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Friso
Frequent Visitor

Moving Average

Hello, 

To calculate the Moving Average Total of different WEEKS i need a liitle bit help. For example I have the results of three years and each week give a result.. I have made a INDEZ table and each combination of a Year - Week has his own number. For example 2016 week 1 = 1, 2016 week 2 = 2, but 2017 week 1 = 53, etc......Is is possible to calculate the MAT using this Indexnumer? 

For example in this week (2018 Week 13 = Index number 117)  I will calculate the results from Index number 67 til 117 (total 52 weeks...) 

Who can help me? 

Friso

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Friso,

Suppose there existing a relationship between data table and INDEZ table based on Year-Week column. Please try to add calculated columns to your data table.

Index No = RELATED(INDEZ[Index])

Moving Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Test1[Sales]),FILTER(Test1,Test1[Index No]<=EARLIER(Test1[Index No])&&Test1[Index No]>=(EARLIER(Test1[Index No])-50)))

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Friso,

Suppose there existing a relationship between data table and INDEZ table based on Year-Week column. Please try to add calculated columns to your data table.

Index No = RELATED(INDEZ[Index])

Moving Average = CALCULATE(AVERAGE(Test1[Sales]),FILTER(Test1,Test1[Index No]<=EARLIER(Test1[Index No])&&Test1[Index No]>=(EARLIER(Test1[Index No])-50)))

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.