Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Nosal

Month over month in columns

Hello, 

I would like to transform my Excel report to the Power Bi and am struggling with Month over month view. I have found some tutorials, but  it was always been MoM in rows, I need the months in columns and I want to manually select which months Ito compare against each other. My images from Excel and power BI are below. 

Could you please help me with this? 

excel.pngPowerBI.png

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
Nosal

Excelent, it was two hard days trying to copy your solution but, I finally did it.

One more thing. Is it possible to add € to the month columns?

Thank you very much

working.png

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Nosal ,

What you're trying to achieve cannot be done out of the box but possible with some advanced DAX. You will need a disconnected table that holds the month names + another row for the Difference and then use the measures to show the value depending on whether the row contains the month name or if refers to the difference.   Use dynamic string format for the value formatting. The disconnected table can have this information. Please see screeenshot below and sample pbix

danextian_0-1707830283850.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.