Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bebeto
Helper III
Helper III

Modify a query

Why sometimes I can't modify a query?

There are queries that, when I select them, it appears "Cube settings" in my panel:

Sin título.jpg

But there are other queries that it doesn´t appar and I don't know how to add a new column from my cube.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Haegi
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hello,

All of your queries provide from a cube (ssas for example) ?

The cube system is a specific data model and type of connector.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Haegi
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hello,

All of your queries provide from a cube (ssas for example) ?

The cube system is a specific data model and type of connector.

Hello,

I had the same experiences already a view times. Different queries are open and it is no longer possible to modify them with "cube settings". Thank you for your answer Haegi, but for me the problem is not solved. I can add new columns for calculations and open new queries, but it is not possible to add new data in an existing query. Why?

but it is not possible to add new data in an existing query. Why?

I don't understand because the ssas connection is as dynamique connection i think.

When your data in the cube changes (insert or update) if you refresh your queries in pbi desktop they are up to date.

Regards.

This has happened to me as well. Does anyone have a solution?

@jessem & @bebeto,

The Cube transformation menu is only available when your query is fully folded to be executed on the server. If a local transformation is involved, then we break out of multidimensional mode and you are only dealing with a tabular model from then on.

You can always add more items by double clicking the "Added Items" step instead. 

Another note: the top left corner of the table gives a hint of the "cubeness" of the query:

CubeVsTable.png

Left one is Cube, right one is table

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.