Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rdstone230
Regular Visitor

Modeling 2 columns to 1 column

Hi - I am extreamly novice to Power BI, but feel I have self taught myself well at least to this extent anyway.  I have one probelm area that I cannot overcome and that is with creating a reationship based on multiple columns.  I have two columns "Drv1" and Drv2" in one table called, C51F and "Drv1" and "Drv2" to another table called, Driver Name.  The table Driver Name also has a column called, "Driver Names".  I'm attemtping to relate Drv1 and Drv2 so that I can report the Driver Name for both Drv1 and Drv2Drv1-Drv2.png.   

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The best approach to simplify things would be to unpivot the Drv columns in one or both tables, so you can make a single relationship between the two tables.

Pat

Microsoft Employee

View solution in original post

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @rdstone230 

an intuitive way would be to create a new column in both tables with Drv1 and Drv2 in Power Query Editor or with DAX code like:

Column = COMBINEVALUES("-", [Drv1], [Drv2])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @rdstone230 

an intuitive way would be to create a new column in both tables with Drv1 and Drv2 in Power Query Editor or with DAX code like:

Column = COMBINEVALUES("-", [Drv1], [Drv2])

ppm1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The best approach to simplify things would be to unpivot the Drv columns in one or both tables, so you can make a single relationship between the two tables.

Pat

Microsoft Employee

Thank you.  This was the simplist fix!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.