Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mpataki32
Helper III
Helper III

Model issue

So, I wanted to try something new and started to build a new model concept, but I have some issues with it, let me explain the basics:

mpataki32_0-1668197725476.png

1. The big table which called DB.Aggregation_combination is combination table which contains the dimension tables possible outcomes.
2. The second "layer" is the so called Results tables where I aggregate data per year/month/day. 
3. The third "layer" is a kind of connector which contains the possible DISTINCT Day_IDs, Week_IDs and Year_IDs, these tables goal is to avoid to have many-to-many relationships in the model.

4. The last "layer" is a regular calendar dimension.

My problem is that when I am trying to deploy dax calculations I am recieving flat volumes applied to all hierarchy level, like in this case: 

mpataki32_1-1668198081940.png

As you can see on the model, I have deployed a cross-filter option between the Dim_Calendar and Dim_Calendar_Year, Dim_Calendar_Month, Dim_Calendar_Day tables, but I am a bit confused, beacuse I don't know that what should be the most efficent way to apply this cross filtering relationships. 

The other concerning point is that I don't know that why I can't use Dim_calendar fields to have proper calculation and why I receive flat volumes for all the level of hierarchy and its elements. 

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please read about the basic concepts of fact tables and dimension tables.  Avoid bidirectional relationships where possible.  If you like you can also read about calculation groups.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.