Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

schoden
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Menu List of Different Reports

Hi Community, 

I am trying to create Menu List of Different REPORTS - refering the hyperlink URL for navigation so users can easily navigate from one report pages to another report pages. I am not using dashboard as its less customisable. The main menu looks like below ; 

Screenshot (3).png

But each hyperlink/box opens new web tab and user opens multiple web page ,getting lost to return to the Main Menu List as there is no back button neither back return in any of the hyperlinks clicked.

Since its not same pages of one report ,  the BACK button to the home page is not a feature allowed. 

The workround I found is to insert in each pages of Different Report a HTML Back Button like : 

back 1.JPGHTML Code back 2.JPG

How Can I achieve this HTML Code as measure or column for HTML visual  in power BI report.

HTML.JPGVisual.JPG

Any slightest idea would help me. 

Thank You In Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @schoden 

Are these reports located in the same workspace? If they are in the same workspace, you may consider creating an app from this workspace and design the navigation of the app. All contents included in this app will navigate in the same tab. Publish an app in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Power BI App Navigation - YouTube

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@schoden , use _self in target and check if it works

Try like

<a href="https://app.powerbi.com/.." target="_self" >link</a>

Hi @amitchandak 

where can I edit that code you mentioned ? The only way I see to edit is under the action Web URL 

link.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.