Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

terra_estella
Frequent Visitor

Map filtering a table

Hello everyone! I have a problem that looks so simple but I cannot seem to solve it for the world. So here it goes:

I have three visuals, Map, Table and Multi-row card. My intention, innocently enough, is to filter the table with my map and than by clicking the field in the table get the info on the card.

Here's the picture:

Screenshot (165).png

So here, I am clicking the France to get the French cities. Then I would like to click on, say Nice and get the info on population. The problem is when I do click on Nice, or any other field in the table, the table resets and show all the cities again, not just the French ones. Info on the Nice population is displayed in the multi-row card as it should. Here's the screen:

Screenshot (167).png

I tried using plain slicer and everthing worked fine:

Screenshot (166).png

So, what am I missing here? ...except knowledge😐

2 REPLIES 2
terra_estella
Frequent Visitor

Thanx for the answer. Yeah, I tried to "fix" it with interactions but nothing worked. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

This is working as designed. You could mess with visual interactions but you may not want to do that. If you want to have a hierarchy  then use a hierarchy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.