Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Milan
Frequent Visitor

Lookupvalue return blank

Hello community, 

i have issue with LOOKUPVALUE function. I have experience with LOOKUPVALUE, but behaviour of function in my project is freaky. I have column - storecard number in couple tables (storecards, images etc, around 20 tables). All using is working properly except store movements. If i ask LOOKUPVALUE in store movements for another data from different table, result is blank. Table storecard movements has 400k rows, i tried remove duplicates of storecard numbers (it is not make sence - where it was 1:1 and same result, it is blank... Columns, are same format... 

From other side is LOOKUPVALUE not working - as expected - asking in storecards table for result in store movements (A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.)

Does anybody have any idea how to do that?

Thanks for your help and time

Milan

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Milan , You can use related, relatedtable(with MAxX, sumx etc) for related table to move data across

Lookupvalue or calculated column to move data acorss

example

a new column in Table 2 from table , add join columns with && and ||

maxx(filter(Table1, Table1[Col1]= Table2[Col1]), Table1[Value])

You can also use sumx, concatenatex

refer 4 ways (related, relatedtable, lookupvalue, sumx/minx/maxx with filter) to copy data from one table to another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu1mWxR23jU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czNHt7UXIe8

Sorry, i can´t upload pbix file.  So i took screenshoots of same data model, but it is working. Asking in Storecards_movements for data from Storecards. I my project is result blank. Where can be the problem?

UPDATE: I copy original big pbix file and delete all tables except this two (Storecards and Storecards_movements). And it is working, result is not blank... Where can be the problem? What can be the cause of not proper working of lookupvalue?

Lookupvalue 3.png

Lookupvalue 2.png

Lookupvalue 1.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.