Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sha_Kri
Employee
Employee

Line Chart: shading future estimated area of chart

Hi, 

I have history data along with predicted data I would like to show with one chart. I need to separate them visually as on the picture below.

I can't seem to find the solution for shadging a part of the chart. Any suggestions?

ChartProposal.png

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sha_Kri,

Is predicted data existing in source data? If yes, there is no such a property to shade a part of a chart directly. As a workaround, you can insert shapes into chart visual.

First, Select Home>Shapes>Rectangle to get a rectangle shape, then edit it with the FORMAT SHAPE pane.

2.jpg

Second, Select Shapes>line, then edit it.

Finally, drag the rectangle and line you have set already onto the visual, and adjust their size and location to fit the visual.

1.PNG

Otherwise, the ‘the predicted data’ is not in your source data, and you want to obtain forecast area with your history data in your dataset. It is considerable to apply Forecast feature in analytics pane. However, the Forecast feature is only available when there is just one line. 

3.PNG

Additionally, you can submit your idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Maggie Li

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your suggestion, @v-yulgu-msft.

The predicted data is already in dataset - it was calculated by a model in Azure Machine Learning.

I've looked at the solution with shapes. It works only if data is static and no filtering is applied, unfortunately. With filtering applied, the location of the shape will not reflect current 'now' mark.

I am looking for a solution that supports dynamic conditional shading based on filters.

Thank you.

Hi @Sha_Kri,

Unfortunately, there is no such a feature that supports to shade part of the line chart.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.