Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Realdeal

Issue with Finding Dataverse Connector in Power BI Desktop'

I am having trouble finding the Dataverse connector in Power BI Desktop. I currently have both a Power BI Pro license and a Power App license, but the connector is still not appearing.

Specifically, I have tried two different methods to connect to the Dataverse: clicking on 'Dataverse' in the quick tab and searching for 'Dataverse' as a data source. Unfortunately, neither method has been successful, as nothing happens when I click on 'Dataverse' in the quick tab and I am only able to find 'Dynamics 365 (Dataverse)' when searching for the data source.

Realdeal_1-1686734880766.png

Realdeal_0-1686733355893.png

I have attempted to resolve this issue by trying the following tasks:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Power BI Desktop
  2. Checking the settings in Power BI Desktop
  3. Checking the global permissions in the data source settings
  4. Checking the CommonDataService.pqx file in the CertifiedExtension folder (as suggested in this article: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Dataverse-connector-does-not-appear/td-p/1743088)

Despite these efforts, the issue remains unresolved. If anyone has any insight or suggestions on how to resolve this problem, please let me know.

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.