Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mpompilio
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to automatically exclude a column from a PDF when it is added to linked folder?

I have a linked folder to my project with PDFs in it. When I add a new PDF to the folder, and hit refresh, it addsthe new PDF data to my data. Is there a way to get Power BI to make a check on the newly added PDFs that strip out columns labeled "Total"?

That way "Total" columns are never included in my data? 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mpompilio , Based on what I got. In such case we select the columns we need and use the remove other columns step, which will not add new columns

amitchandak_0-1672798985532.png

Hello!

Thank you for your reply. So my question is more involved with removing the columns before they are even placed in Power BI/Query:

So I have a connected folder that has PDFs in it. More PDFs will be added to it every week. I was wondering if there was a way when a new PDF is added to the folder, before any new data is placed in Power BI/Query, it checks to see if there are any columns in the PDF labled "Total" and then it removes that column, and places the rest of the data into BI/Query.

Let me know if that makes sense!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.