Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gustavosoares

Is it possible to limit an interaction using sync slicers?

Hello everyone,

I work in a school and I'm trying to create a specific report that can show the class attendance, grades, and content lectured.

At the moment my report contains a first page with some filter selections: the user chooses a class (ex.: Math 7B) and a term (ex.: Q1). In the second page it shows a matrix with the attendance for that class, during that term. The third page shows a table with the grades and another with the content lectured in that class during that term. I made it work just fine using "sync slicers". The issue I'm having now is that, in a specific school, we need to show grades from different classes in the third page (ex.: Math, Geography and History each one in its own table) and I haven't found a way to do that yet. I've researched a lot, but couldn't find a solution. I've tried to change the "edit interactions", in the "format" tab, in order to try to limit the tables that the filter, in the first page, could affect, but I couldn't make it work between pages. I've tried to edit the settings on the "sync slicers", but couldn't find a way to limit the sync to a table instead of the whole page. Does anybody know a way to do this? I don't mind creating more pages to filter if necessary, but I need to show the three grade tables in the same page. Thank you in advance.

Sample Data:

classidstudent namestudent gradeterm
1stuAAQ1
1stuBBQ1
2stuABQ1
2stuBCQ1
3stuAAQ1
3stuBAQ1
2 REPLIES 2
gustavosoares

Hello @v-zhangti ,

I'm adding some images to ilustrate what I want and how can I provide the pbix file? I've made the test file, but I'm not sure the best way to share it.

This is how I imagine the filter page (there are more filters, but I kept only the ones used in the grades page)

ExamplePage1.jpg

This is how the grade page looks like now:

CurrentPage2.jpg

This is how I want it to look like:

DesiredPage2.jpg

Thanks again for the help.

Gustavo

v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @gustavosoares 

The available data is not enough. Can you provide simple Pbix files for testing? Sensitive information can be removed in advance. What kind of results do you expect? It is better to show it with pictures.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.