Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid numeric representation of date value: DATEDIFF

Hi 

I am trying to calculate 'Resolve Time' for incidents. I worked out the forumula, however the DAX formula is not returning the values for incidents which were open for a longer period of time. 

Resolve_Time = DATEDIFF(SUM('Call Request Detail'[OpenDate]), SUM('Call Request Detail'[ResolveDate]), DAY)

Below mentioned screenshot represents the  incidents which are opened and closed within 3 days.

Resolve_time short period of time.PNG

However, if an incident is open for a longer period of time i.e. if an incident is opened on 25/11/2018 and closed on 06/12/2018. The calculation doesn't seem to be working. the follwing error pops out. 

Resolve_time Eror.PNG

FYI: I am using a direct connection to the DW, hence using the SUM function in my calculation. I understand that we can not access the source columns in DAX formulas when we use direct connection. 

Any advice will help me out. 

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

The SUM( ) of a date sounds... odd at best.  In the grand total you are *actually* adding dates, which... I'm surprised is even legal 😛 

I would do MIN() for Open and MAX( ) for Resolve... ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.