Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ADB8335
Frequent Visitor

Interactive Visuals

My situation is more complex than this, but I'll keep it simple.  I have 2 visuals in a report, show below in the screen shot (just using Excel as an example).  Obviously, the standard behavior would be that if I click on a row in the top table that the bottom table would show the Level I selected and a count of 1.  Is it possible to set the interactions so that the bottom table is only filtered by the Level and not the Room?  I want to be able to click on any of the records for Level = Main in the top table and have the bottom table show Level = Main and Room Count  = 3.

ADB8335_0-1716233358518.png

Thanks for the help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Your room count measure needs to be written to ignore filters on the room column. Something like

CALCULATE(countrows(tablename),all(tablename[room]))

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ADB8335 ,

Thanks for the reply from MattAllington .

First, create a measure to calculate the Count of each Level:

Room Count = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Room'),ALLEXCEPT(Room,'Room'[Level]))

The page effect at this time is as follows:

vhuijieymsft_0-1716257544004.png

Select the table above, select the Format tab, turn on Edit interactions, and make sure that the tables below are affected by the table above, that is, make sure they have interactions turned on.

vhuijieymsft_1-1716257544006.png

Make sure they have interactions enabled and then turn off Edit interactions.

At this point, select any record in the top table that has Level = Main, and the bottom table shows Level = Main and Room Count = 3.

The final page effect is as follows:

vhuijieymsft_2-1716257601797.png

vhuijieymsft_3-1716257601798.png

pbix file is attached.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ADB8335 ,

Thanks for the reply from MattAllington .

First, create a measure to calculate the Count of each Level:

Room Count = CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Room'),ALLEXCEPT(Room,'Room'[Level]))

The page effect at this time is as follows:

vhuijieymsft_0-1716257544004.png

Select the table above, select the Format tab, turn on Edit interactions, and make sure that the tables below are affected by the table above, that is, make sure they have interactions turned on.

vhuijieymsft_1-1716257544006.png

Make sure they have interactions enabled and then turn off Edit interactions.

At this point, select any record in the top table that has Level = Main, and the bottom table shows Level = Main and Room Count = 3.

The final page effect is as follows:

vhuijieymsft_2-1716257601797.png

vhuijieymsft_3-1716257601798.png

pbix file is attached.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Your room count measure needs to be written to ignore filters on the room column. Something like

CALCULATE(countrows(tablename),all(tablename[room]))

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.