Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PowerUser123
Helper II
Helper II

Incremental Refresh API

If my connection to an API takes longer than 2 hours to do a full refresh on desktop, then there is no way for me to utilize incremental refresh in Power BI service as the time limit is 2 hours for non-premium users?

I have historical data stored dating to today. I would ideally like to incrementally refresh the api starting from today's date going forward.

The api has parameters for start_date and end_date. 

Is there a way for me to adjust something so that I can only incrementally refresh from a point of time and forward? If the date parameters are dropped, then the refresh will take longer than 2 hours to complete.

2 REPLIES 2
Sam002
Regular Visitor

Can you please provide details as to how you managed to implement incremental refresh using data from API. I am stuck at the data not being able to query fold. I came to see that it's possible to implement incremental refresh logic manually, but I don't understand how.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerUser123 , There are ways to manage it using XMLA end point. But all those are applicable for premium.

In the case of pro, You can divide the table into multiple tables and append them together. In pro, you can publish the file with data and you can load the data on the desktop and do that

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.