Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Svvay
Frequent Visitor

Inaccessible, haven't acces to publish

Hello everyone. There was a problem I had never encountered before. I can not download my report from the desktop version to the Internet. Produces an error that no access. Although I am an administrator. License ppu. What else could be the problem, who had the same problem?

11 REPLIES 11
Svvay
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone. There was a problem I had never encountered before. I can not download my report from the desktop version to the Internet. Produces an error that no access. Although I am an administrator. License ppu. What else could be the problem, who had the same problem? Yep i have access, i'm administrator this workspace  and early used to be all right. 2.png3.png4.pngБез імені.png

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Svvay ,

If you want to update the report because the data had changed, you could only need to refresh your dataset, maybe you need install and configure gateway, it is depend on the location that the data hosted.

If you redesign the report in Power BI Desktop, you only need click the publish button again, but please confirm your account has signed in, and your account has the role to edit content.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I redo the report, and when I try to download it (update) in web version I get an access error. but how can it be if I’m an administrator, I logged in to my accounts, I updated all versions.

Hi @Svvay ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further?

It is publish a report to Power BI Service with Power BI Desktop or download a .pbix file in Power BI Service Portal ?

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,

yes. This is surprising to many. every time I get an error. even if I try to upload a report on the site, everything goes well, but the report is not updateБез імені.png2.png

Hi @Svvay ,

Please confirm you have the access for that workspace, you at least have "Contributor" role for that workspace you want publish to.

For more details, you can read related document: Roles in workspaces in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, yep i have access, i'm administrator this workspace  and early used to be all right

1Daniel993
Helper III
Helper III

OK, in some organization change every certain time the passwords and credencials, so you need contact the person who created the the report and Dataset.

nope, all passwords is okay. 

1Daniel993
Helper III
Helper III

Hello the problem that you see is about workspace or the data?

Hi!) The problem is I can’t upload the updated report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.