Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

kjerez
Frequent Visitor

Importing table with summary rows

Hello

I need help importing a table that has emdebed rows with summary information, see  the example bellow:

kjerez_0-1606715586086.png

As you can see the first appearence of the observation in column group is the summary of the subsequent observations within the same gruop. However not all the the observations have subgroups in (see the last row), in that case I would like to have that row included, which means I can not solely filter by subgroup. 

Any idea on how to import this to power Bi? 

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kjerez , Create a new column like

new column =
var _Sub = countx(filter(Table,[group] =earlier([group]) && not(isblank([sub group]))),[sub group])+0
if(_sub >0, "Has sub group", "No Sub group")

View solution in original post

Thanks,

I ended up using:

Column = var _Sub = COUNTX(FILTER('All Types',[Group Name]=EARLIER([Group Name]) && NOT(ISBLANK([SubGroup]))),[SubGroup])+0 return if(_sub >0, "Has sub group", "No Sub group")

I also create another dummy variable with subgroup, and created a filter combining these two. 

kjerez_0-1606803669230.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kjerez , Create a new column like

new column =
var _Sub = countx(filter(Table,[group] =earlier([group]) && not(isblank([sub group]))),[sub group])+0
if(_sub >0, "Has sub group", "No Sub group")

Thanks,

I ended up using:

Column = var _Sub = COUNTX(FILTER('All Types',[Group Name]=EARLIER([Group Name]) && NOT(ISBLANK([SubGroup]))),[SubGroup])+0 return if(_sub >0, "Has sub group", "No Sub group")

I also create another dummy variable with subgroup, and created a filter combining these two. 

kjerez_0-1606803669230.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.