Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing Employee data/information 'Reports To' from external source like MS Teams

Dear community,

I don't know if my desire is even possible, but it's worth trying as it will save enormous amounts of time.

My file:

A Project Management Tool in Power BI 

Power BI template for Microsoft Project forthe web – Sensei Project Solutions

What do I have:

A resource table with 1 column stating the Employee ID and 1 column with the Employee Name.

What do I want:

Creating a new column 'Reports to' that imports this from outside of Power BI (Like MS Teams, where you have a tab 'Organization', next to 'Chat', and can see hierarchy of the company and see where everyone is reporting to, see image below)

tempsnip.png

If there is a solution to this that would be truly amazing, though I also understand it if this is simply impossible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, here is my solution.

The current version maybe not support to import information outside of Power BI to a calculated column.

I suggest that you can use tooltips and then when you hover over visuals, the report tooltips will appear.

Create a new report page.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1667553369635.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1667553388253.pngvxiaosunmsft_2-1667553415999.png

But this needs you to specify the fields for which you want the report tooltip to appear.

Please reference to the following document.

Create report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xiaosun-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your description, here is my solution.

The current version maybe not support to import information outside of Power BI to a calculated column.

I suggest that you can use tooltips and then when you hover over visuals, the report tooltips will appear.

Create a new report page.

vxiaosunmsft_0-1667553369635.pngvxiaosunmsft_1-1667553388253.pngvxiaosunmsft_2-1667553415999.png

But this needs you to specify the fields for which you want the report tooltip to appear.

Please reference to the following document.

Create report tooltip pages in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ xiaosun

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.