Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kp123

Image Pro by Cloudscope & Filtering

Hello,

I have created a dashboard where I can filter different manufacturing lines (with the Slicer) and the respective floor plan will display as an image (courtesy of "Image Pro by Clouscope"). It works just fine when I select one of the manufacturing lines in the slicer...but when nothing is selected, the "Image Pro" visual is displaying an image of a random floor plan...is it possible to display no image, or a blank image, when no manufacturing line is selected? 

I am currently pulling data from an Access database. In the database I have a column where I paste the Base64 string. In the tables section of PowerBI, I set the data category for this column to be "Image Url". The "Image Pro" visual is using this Base64 string for the 'Image url'. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kp123 ,

Based on your description, I have created a simple sample:

vjianbolimsft_0-1666325297089.png

First, create a Measure to display the image you want to display when nothing is selected(The DAX is the base64 code of the image)

vjianbolimsft_2-1666325546393.png

Then create a measure:

Measure = 
SWITCH(TRUE(),
ISFILTERED('Table'[AccountId]),SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Show profile]),[Blank Value])

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_3-1666325656592.png

vjianbolimsft_4-1666325667077.png

vjianbolimsft_5-1666325679663.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kp123 ,

They are still essentially text, try putting them in quotation marks, like "your code"

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kp123 ,

Based on your description, I have created a simple sample:

vjianbolimsft_0-1666325297089.png

First, create a Measure to display the image you want to display when nothing is selected(The DAX is the base64 code of the image)

vjianbolimsft_2-1666325546393.png

Then create a measure:

Measure = 
SWITCH(TRUE(),
ISFILTERED('Table'[AccountId]),SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Show profile]),[Blank Value])

Final output:

vjianbolimsft_3-1666325656592.png

vjianbolimsft_4-1666325667077.png

vjianbolimsft_5-1666325679663.png

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

Hello,

Thanks so much for your response!

How did you create the measure for the "Blank Value"? When I create a measure, I am not able to change the data category to 'Image URL'.

I created a column in my data field for the blank value image but the base64 code that I enter does not work. Do you know why this may be?

kp123_0-1668718445343.png

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.